Worried about a child?
If you have any concerns about the safety and/or welfare of a child or young person telephone the Children's Advice & Support Service (CASS) on 0121 303 1888 or via secure email; CASS@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk.
Outside of normal office hours please call 0121 675 4806 for the Emergency Duty Team.
Worried about possible adult abuse?
In an emergency, or if someone is in immediate danger, call 999.
If you think there has been a crime but it is not an emergency contact West Midlands Police by dialling 101.
You can report a concern of an adult with care and support needs to Birmingham City Council in the following ways:
Telephone: 0121 303 1234
Text Relay: dial 18001 followed by the full national phone number
Worried about someone you have come across and may be an adult victim of modern slavery?
If you suspect that you or someone you have come across may be an adult victim of modern slavery and in need of help, please contact The Salvation Army’s confidential and anonymous referral helpline on 0800 808 3733 available 365 days a year, 24/7 with interpretation services where needed.
More information can be found here
- Adult Abuse poster (PDF, 180KB)
- Abuse Guide (PDF, 120KB)
- Guidance to all staff who have contact with adults at risk (PDF, 163KB)
- Adult abuse – what is it and what can you do about it? (PDF, 517KB)
- SG Adult Abuse - who cannot protect themselves from abuse (PDF, 555KB)
- BSAB - Safeguarding Adults in Birmingham (PDF, 249KB)
- BSAB Fact Sheet 2 - Sexual Abuse (PDF, 58KB)
- BSAB Fact Sheet 3 - Psychological, Emotional or Mental Abuse (PDF, 58KB)
- BSAB Fact Sheet 4 - Financial Abuse (PDF, 57KB)
- BSAB Fact Sheet 5 - Neglect Abuse (PDF, 61KB)
- Useful Reading – for survivors and therapists ((PDF, 160KB)
- Adult Abuse Posters (PDF, 775KB)