Worried about a child?

If you have any concerns about the safety and/or welfare of a child or young person telephone the Children's Advice & Support Service (CASS) on 0121 303 1888 or via secure email;

Outside of normal office hours please call 0121 675 4806 for the Emergency Duty Team


Worried about possible adult abuse?

In an emergency, or if someone is in immediate danger, call 999.

If you think there has been a crime but it is not an emergency contact West Midlands Police by dialling 101.


You can report a concern of an adult with care and support needs to Birmingham City Council in the following ways:


Telephone: 0121 303 1234

Text Relay: dial 18001 followed by the full national phone number


More information can be found here

Adult Abuse poster

Abuse Guide

Guidance to all staff who have contact with adults at risk

Adult Abuse - what is it and what can you do about it?

SG Adult Abuse - who cannot protect themselves from abuse

BSAB - Safeguarding adults in Birmingham

BSAB Fact Sheet 2 - Sexual Abuse

BSAB Fact Sheet 3 - Psychological, Mental or Emotional Abuse

BSAB Fact Sheet 4 - Financial Abuse

BSAB Fact Sheet 5 - Neglect Abuse

Useful reading - for survivors and therapists

Adult Abuse posters


Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away!
Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away!