Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Core Services (Essential Services)
- Additional InformationCare and management of the chronically ill and terminally ill patients. Management of patients who are ill or believe themselves to be ill, with conditions from which recovery is expected, for the duration of that condition, including relevant health promotion advice and referral as appropriate, reflecting patient choice where practicable.
- Additional InformationAccess to general medical services - Towards practice based commissioning (PBC) - Childhood immunisations - Minor surgery - Influenza immunisations - Choice and Booking - Neo natal checks - Minor injury services - Opportunistic MMR (16-24 year olds) - Specialised care for patients with depression - Smoking cessation - Provision of zoladex injection - Additional services - Cervical screening - Contraceptive services - Child health surveillance - Maternity services - immunisations - Counselling - Drug worker.
- Additional InformationAll children start their immunisation programme at two months. We have two clinics available and these are held on Tuesday afternoons by appointment. Advice on all immunisations can be obtained from the practice nurse or from your doctor.
- Additional InformationThese may be carried out by the practice nurse or by your own doctor.
Cervical Smears may detect early changes in the womb is available to all women from the age of 25 up to 65. The cervical smear should be repeated every three years (every five years between 50 and 64) as early identification means treatment can commence straight away and as such may prevent cancer developing.
Child Development Checks
- Additional InformationAll doctors are involved in child development and work alongside our health visitors to provide this service.
- Additional InformationFor asthma and COPD clinics ask at reception for details.
- Additional InformationAnnual recall for all diabetics. Diabetics can be seen any day, by the practice nurses.
- Additional InformationAnnual recall for all heart disease patients. These patients can be seen any day between 8.30am and 5.00pm.
- Additional InformationThe travel clinic is available every Monday afternoon for separate travel immunisation together with travel advice and precautions to be taken when abroad. Please make an appointment at least eight weeks in advance of your holiday to ensure adequate cover.
- Additional InformationAn influenza vaccination is particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung and kidney disease, diabetics and residents of nursing and rest homes. Please contact reception staff in September for details of the vaccination dates. If you are unable to come to the surgery and have regular visits from the district nurse, she will undertake to arrange this facility at home.
- Additional InformationVaccinations for pneumococcal are available to all patients over the age of 65. Please make an appointment with the practice nurse.
- Additional InformationStress and anxiety counselling is available from a qualified counsellor. Please see your doctor.
- Additional InformationMinor surgery procedures are carried out by your doctor by appointment.
Non NHS Examinations
- Additional InformationThe doctors are happy to carry out medicals eg insurance and driving license, by appointment outside surgery hours. Please telephone the surgery for an appointment. A list of non NHS fees is displayed at the reception desk.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01212032050.